When payments and bills are applied incorrectly, use billing adjustments for corrections to fix the balances.
Go to Utility Billing > Customer Accounts
- Click Customers tab
- Click to highlight the customer that needs the adjustment.
- Click Activity
- Click Add Adjustment
- Choose Bill Type
- If adjustment is a credit, click Apply As Credit.
- Enter total Days if the adjustment is prorated.
- Customer Information will populate automatically.
- Enter 'A' in Bill Type for adjustments.
- If Consumption is needed for the adjustment, enter it here.
- Enter Memo to explain the reason for the adjustment.
- If creating a bill, click Assign Defaults. This will populate default rates. If Apply As Credit has been checked, it will reverse the rates for a credit.
- If not using defaults, enter adjustments manually.
- Verify adjustments are correct, then check Confirm to Write.
- Click Write Bill
The adjustment will appear in the customer's activity. The current balance will adjust.