Approvals are used when outside parties need to be involved, notified, or plans reviewed before a permit can be issued. If an approval is required and has not been passed, the permit will not be allowed to gain a permit number and/or be invoiced.
Go to the Approvals tab on the permit.
- Required Approvals need to have the Req Checkbox checked.
- To pass an approval, the Approval checkbox must be checked. When Checked, 'Approved By' becomes the current user as well as the date approved will be set to the current day.
- Any additional notes may also be added at this time.
- If an approval is not on the list, click Add New Approval.
- Select the Department and then follow steps 1-3.
- When finished, click Save.
- When all approvals have passed and a permit number is assigned, the status will go from Estimate to Approved.