Deposits are used when an up-front cost needs to be paid before the permit can become active. this is generally a plan check fee or review fee, but can be used anytime the tech needs to have the applicant pay a fee, but does not wish to invoice the entire permit. Deposits are rolled into the next invoice as payment towards that invoice.
To create a deposit:
- On the desired permit screen, click Create Deposit.
- The Write Deposit screen will open. Select the Source of the deposit.
- Enter the Invoice Type for this deposit. The plan check fee will be defaulted in.
- Enter the total deposit that is required.
- Add a memo to the deposit if necessary. A note as to what the deposit is for can be helpful later.
Contact the Finance Department if there are questions about the Source type or the Invoice type.