How Do I Resolve A Connection Error To BIAS Hosted?
These steps are to resolve the issue of a Remote Desktop Error when connecting to BIAS hosted. This is usually caused by a change to an IP address. Your IP address must me registered at BIAS to make the connection to BIAS hosted for security purposes. BIAS asks for a static IP address when setting up BIAS hosted, but non-static IP addresses will change.
When launching the remote desktop connection for BIAS hosted, the following message appears:
- Open a web browser (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
- Search for "What is my IP address"
- Copy the address on the screen
A ticket will be need to be created to get the IP address changed
- Open a new tab and log into help.biassoftware.com
- Log in with your email and password
- Click Request Help
- Enter the Subject "Is my IP address registered?"
- Enter the new IP address in the Question section
- Topic should be Client Services
- Category should be None
- Click Send Question
If there are multiple locations such as the office or home, please indicate which location the IP address is for,
The ticket will be submitted to BIAS and some one will update the IP address and follow up as soon as possible. If the IP address is already registered, then additional trouble shooting will be performed by BIAS Support.