How do I activate or deactivate a Pervasive License?
Starting with v13 Pervasive is now named Actian so all references to Pervasive may be Actian.
The license (and possibly one or more user count increases licenses as well) is assigned to a specific computer when activated. If either the hardware configuration or the network card is changed, the license(s) will need to be deactivated on the old Server before being activated on the new Server. Please follow the following steps:
First, open "Pervasive (or Actian) License Administrator" by either pressing the windows key and typing "Pervasive License Administrator" or looking for it in your programs list. If you are not sure of the version, search by using 'License Administrator'.
There should be an 'Install' or 'Installation Files' folder under BIAS_6. If there is not a text file in that folder that contains all your Pervasive/Actian Key(s) I would create one to copy all the License Key(s) you own. If the key(s) are lost you may need to purchase a new license!
- Enter the License into the "Key" field.
- Click the "Authorize" button to the right of the field.
Some installations may have more than one license, make sure to record them all. Lost keys may need to be repurchased if unrecoverable.
- Right Click on the Active Product Key and select "Copy Product Key".
- Paste this value in a text file in your Installation folder.
- Click on the Pervasive License to deactivate.
- Click the "Deactivate" button towards the bottom right.
- Repeats steps 1-4 until all "Active" licenses have been deactivated