How do I calculate Equivalent Residential Units (ERU)?
Calculating ERU works best if there is a way to differentiate between Residential and Commercial customers. Separating them by Billing Class, Meter Groups or Customer Status works best.
Go to Utility Billing > Reports > Monthly Utility Totals
- Set Month Year to December of the year range
- Set beginning date as 01/01 of desired year
- Set ending date as 12/31 of desired year
- Select Billing Type to Billing
- Enter Meter Class if applicable to differentiate groupings
- Use Filters to filter by billing class or group.
- Click Preview, Printer, PDF
- After reports are run, calculate the annual ERU by dividing Usage ,total water billed, by total units.
Ex: For class 2075, Usage 20,896,152 / Units 20,572 = Average 1,015.76