How do I post the budget?
Go to Reports > Budget Proposal
- Select Year
- Check New Page On Fund, this is checked by default.
- Check Departments Only if you are creating a report for council members and commissioners
- Check Changes Only if you want to show the changes to the budget
- Click Preview, Printer, PDF or Excel to print or save report
Printing a copy of the Budget Proposal with changes only, will create a report to keep on file with the changes. Once the budget has been updated, there will no historical record of the previous budget in BIAS.
- Click Update Budget
- Double click in Change Type field and enter new version code. It is recommended to use YY-V as a naming convention. Where YY is the year and V is the version of the budget. Example : 17-1 would be the original budget and 17-2 the first modification.
- Click Select
- Check Copy Proposal Notes To Budget Notes? use only to replace the budget notes. Leave unchecked if you want to keep the existing notes.
- Click Update