How do I record miscellaneous charges?
Miscellaneous charges directly taken from your bank accounts typically get recorded after receiving monthly statements. To keep these separate from other check and EFT expenses paid through Accounts Payable, enter them straight to the General Ledger.
Go to Transactions > General Ledger
- Click Add New
- Select Date use the date charged on the bank statement.
- Select Type Ser Chge, Service Charge
- Enter Vendor number or double click in field to select from list. Most often the bank or county.
- Enter total Amount of dollars charged.
- Select Account that monies were charged to.
- Enter a Memo fill in a short description of the expense.
- Click on Distribution tab and enter as many expense codes as necessary to properly record the miscellaneous expense.
- Click Save & Next to start a new transaction or Save & Close to finish.