How do I pay employees by EFT? (Article)
This step is not needed if employees are paid by check.
EFT Setup needs to be completed before proceeding. See How do I setup EFTs for payroll?
After payroll has been completed and posted to the General Ledger, an Electronic Funds Transfer file can be created.
Go to Advanced Payroll > Payroll Control Center
- Click Pay Cycles tab
- Click Create EFT
- Click Payroll tab
- Select Creation Date, date of the file.
- Payroll Date and Effective Date is the current pay date and date the Employee is paid.
- Select Acct # the Bank account used for paying employees. The rest of the information will auto-populate.
- The list of names will show the employees that will receive a payment. Leave Select unchecked If there are ones that should not be sent.
- The Payroll Folder will show the location that the payroll file will be saved. This should be a secure folder location that has limited access to only those that need it.
- Click Create
- Enter a file name
- Click Open
- Click Print for a report of who was paid by EFT
Follow the instructions of your bank for processing the Payroll file.
An example EFT file.